So… why make a cake in an air fryer? Well, Judith asked me to teach a class on air fryers and we ALWAYS have a dessert for classes at Burton Kimble Farms, so there you go.
Adapted from The “I Love My Air Fryer” Keto Diet Recipe Book by Sam Dillard
Try this with Buttercream Frosting from Keto Connect!
- Coconut oil spray
- 1 c blanched finely ground almond flour
- ½ c granular monk fruit sweetener
- ¼ c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ c salted butter, melted
- ¼ c full-fat mayonnaise
- 2 large eggs
- Prepare your 6 inch pan (I like to use a Fat Daddio’s push pan) by spraying with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients until smooth.
- Pour batter into baking pan. Cover with aluminum foil and poke random holes in the foil. Place pan into the air fryer basket.
- Bake at 320° for 35 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for another 10 minutes.
- Check with an instant read thermometer instead. The cake will be done at 210°.
- Be sure to let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing the cake from the pan. (If you remove the cake before cooling, the cake might fall apart)