It might be because I hate frying bacon, but I believe that bacon should always be cooked in the oven. Here’s what I do:
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Line a cookie sheet (one with a lip all the way around) with non-stick aluminum foil.
- Lay out the bacon in a single layer.
- Cover with a piece of parchment paper to keep your oven from getting covered in grease.
- Cook time varies a lot based on type of cookie sheet and thickness of bacon. Start checking at 10 minutes the first few times until you have a good idea of how long it will take.
- Cover a plate with paper towel.
- When the bacon is your desired level of crispiness, remove from the cookie sheet and drain on the paper towel.