Crispy chicken skin for the win! After having no success with almond or coconut flours, I read something about using crushed pork rinds. This recipe really came together when I added some Parmesan cheese to the mix.
Adapted from Judy Hesser’s Oven-Fried Chicken on Food52.
- 6 chicken thighs, bone in, skin on (if you remember to brine them, great – they’ll be okay if you don’t)
- ½ c crushed pork rinds (I use the food processor to crush a bag at a time and keep a canister on hand)
- ½ c finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 425℉. Line a shallow baking dish (I use a cookie sheet with a lip) with nonstick aluminum foil.
- Add butter to baking sheet and melt as oven preheats. Remove from oven.
- Place crushed pork rinds, Parmesan cheese, and pepper in a ziplock bag. Mix.
- Coat chicken by shaking two pieces of chicken at a time in the bag. As you remove chicken from the bag place it skin-side down on the baking sheet. Space the chicken so that it isn’t touching
- Bake for 20 minutes and then turn over. Bake for another 15 minutes.