Amazingly quick, super easy, delicious, and a good fat (hello, keto friends)! Salmon is definitely one of my favorite things to cook sous vide. If you’re new to sous vide, check out this guide for getting started from Serious Eats, then go get some salmon and make this!
If you have an Instant Pot Ultra, you can cook sous vide using your pot! Fill your liner with enough water to completely submerge the salmon. Go to Ultra mode, set the pressure to “none,” temperature to 131℉, and time to 30 minutes. Hit start and off you go.
- 2 salmon filets
- High-smoke point oil like avocado or olive
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Use a vacuum sealer or water displacement to seal each salmon filet in a bag.
- Heat water to 131℉ then place salmon in the water. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove salmon from the bag and place on a plate lined with paper towels. Pat dry.
- Preheat a skillet on high heat. Add enough oil to just cover the bottom of the skillet.
- When the oil starts to shimmer, add the salmon skin side down. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn the salmon and add butter. As the butter melts, tilt the pan and spoon the butter over the skin.
- Remove the salmon from the pan and place it on a plate lined with paper towels for about 2 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.