Hard boiled eggs have become a staple at our house. We cook a batch at least once a week. The Instant Pot makes it super easy to get eggs the way we like them that peel beautifully (most of the time! eggs are sometimes just difficult).
- Add 1 cup water to the liner pot (1.5 cups if you are using an 8 quart pot).
- Place something in the pot for your eggs to sit on. I use an egg rack because once in a while one will crack and make a mess — it’s easier to deal with it if the mess doesn’t touch the other eggs. You can just as easily use the trivet that came with your pot or a steamer basket.
- Place the eggs.
- Set the cook time. I use 3 minutes. A lot of people use 5, but you’re more likely to get the green ring around the yolk and I don’t care for that.
- Cook for your set cook time.
- Natural pressure release for 5 minutes.
- Release the rest of the pressure.
- Use tongs to remove the eggs and place them in an ice water bath.
- Let the eggs sit in the ice water for at least 5 minutes.