When I’m in a hurry I make it in the air fryer, but I actually prefer broccoli roasted in the oven.
- Fresh broccoli crowns, cut into bite-size florets
- Melted bacon grease, avocado oil, or olive oil to lightly coat — I like to use a combination of bacon grease and avocado oil
- To taste:
- Garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400℉.
- Select a non-stick cookie sheet or cover one with non-stick aluminum foil. I use my largest so that there’s plenty of room to spread out the florets. I also prefer a cookie sheet with a lip so nothing slides off. Metal works best for even roasting!
- Place the broccoli florets in a large bowl.
- Lightly coat the broccoli with the oil of your choice. Make sure all florets have some oil on them so that your seasonings have something to stick to.
- Add seasonings and stir to coat evenly.
- Spread the broccoli on the cookie sheet. Try to spread it out so there’s a little room around the florets.
- Cook for 15 minutes and check. If it isn’t done to your desired brownness, cook a little longer.